From industries to household, each appliances need energy for its function. This huge energy is obtained from Non-Renewable Energy sources. As a result these sources are almost finished and we are at the edge of exhaustion. So, it is very important to find an alternate source immediately. Solar energy is such an alternate energy source. In this era, solar plants are installed all over the world. Large amount of energy is generated from these plants. There is a popular phrase – what can be measured, can be managed. But it is tough to scrutinize all of the activities. A solar RMS (Remote Monitoring System) is a data management system, implemented to monitor the performance of solar power plant and also to note the generated data. A RMS can decrease the maintenance cost and time of a solar plant and maximize its generation. Often homeowners can’t understand the importance of RMS, but RMS is essential at the time of solar panel installation for home.
Remote Monitoring System (RMS) is mainly planned for communicating with different devices remotely. RMS can save onsite work information in data logger that can be uploaded on web server and can be monitored anytime from anywhere. Suppose you have a Solar Company in Lucknow and have number of solar appliances. But you are not physically present there to check the work status. When Remote Monitoring System uploads the work information in server, you can check it from anywhere at your convenient time.
RMS mainly works in three steps. First of all, it records weather, date, time and performance of solar plant or household solar appliances and stores the data in local memory. Then the data is synchronized. You get a user ID and password, by which you can log into a web browser or in an iOS/android app.
Let us discuss about how Remote Monitoring System can help:-
1) Tracking whole system – Remote Monitoring System is actually implemented for monitoring the whole work flow. It stores the data of parameter like output voltage, input current, and output current.
2) Maintenance – Sometime the solar system fails to do primary jobs, this time period is called Downtime. RMS can predict when your machine will start underperforming and warns you so that you can inform the service department on time. So, you need not to be worried about the sudden breakdown of the machine. In this way RMS reduce the maintenance cost of the solar system.
3) Integrating Sensors – RMS can combine the sensors like temperature sensor, pyrometer etc so that the performance of the machine can be analyzed easily. This is a special feature of RMS appreciated by user as well as installer.
4) Predictive Forecasting – RMS can make a prediction of how much energy the solar plant can produce in upcoming week. So, a user can make a plan of usage in the next week after looking at the forecasting.
5) Controlling remotely – The best part of RMS is that you can control it from anywhere through an app. This app also notifies you about any malfunctioning in your equipment.