Two wheel self-balancing electric scooters, popularly known as Segways can be regarded as one of the most popular ” Fun things to have ” in the year 2018. It is not only fun but also a very useful means of traveling short distances. Since the launching of these scooters in 2015 in the markets of China, the popularity of them has only increased exponentially all around the globe.
Quite a number of reality shows and music videos by many artists have featured these scooters. There are many cool features that come with them. And the fact that they are self-balancing provides us with the idea of how much science and technology has been put into this.
Here, we provide you a list of 5 two wheel electric scooters which we consider to top the charts among hundreds of them available in the market. All of these scooters have been manually tested with detailed comparison and benchmarking in the aspects of DURABILITY, EASE OF USE, PERFORMANCE, and PRICE. So, if you are planning to buy one of these really cool vehicles, here you go.
5. Segway miniPRO | Smart Self Balancing Personal Transporter with Mobile App Control
The Segway miniPRO is the next step in the evolution of two-wheeled self-balancing transportation. With a 14 mile range and 10 mph max speed the vehicle can travel up to 14 miles. Regardless of day or night, the automatic headlights will light your way paving a way of safe traveling. And there is also another feature that makes this vehicle a very safe one, which is anti-theft. The mobile app control allows you to lock the miniPRO with an anti-theft alarm. The miniPRO’s innovative knee control bar allows the rider to maneuver very easily and precisely.
- It is 10.3 x 21.5 in(length x width) in dimensions with an adjustable height.
- Weight of the Unit is 28 lbs and weight of the box is 37 lbs
- The operating temperature is 14 – 104° F
- The Nominal Voltage of the battery is 54.3 VDC
- The Nominal Power of the motor is 400 x 2 W
- The charger comes with the product and charging time is 4 hours(approximately).
In conclusion, it can be said that Segway mini pro is a pretty decent electric scooter to get under a 500$ budget. However, the only thing that might concern you is the top speed of the vehicle which is 10mph, which is pretty low. And if you lean forward to go faster and hit the 10mph limit, the scooter applies its brakes which might make you fall, if not prepared for it. But other than that, we think it’s a very good choice for the first electric scooter to buy.
4. SWAGTRON T1 – UL 2272 Certified Hoverboard – Electric Self-Balancing Scooter
The Swagtron T1 is the world’s first UL certified hoverboard, which basically means there is no danger of explosion. We have heard in the past about exploding hoverboards, right? Well, this one doesn’t bite. With a top speed of 8mph the Swagtron T1 might replace whatever vehicle you use for a fairly long distance of travel. There is a built-in beginner mode which makes it easier to use for first-timers. It has a fire retardant plastic shell and rubber foot pad. The battery is kept enclosed in an aluminum shell inside which makes sure no explosions occur. Besides this, Swagtron runs rigorous tests on their products to ensure their safety.
- The box comes with a pair of rubber wheel guards, a user’s manual, charger, and the main unit.
- The net weight of the product is 22lbs.
- The power of the motor is 250W.
- The battery voltage is 36V.
- The Max. Weight is 220lbs.
- Size of the tires is 6.5”.
Swagtron T1 is definitely one of the best electric scooters to get under a 300$ budget. The only drawback that can be noted is that this model doesn’t have any app-control or Bluetooth connectivity which makes it a little harder to use. Besides this, we think it’s an excellent choice for a hoverboard or an electric scooter.
3. SWAGTRON T5 Entry Level Hoverboard for Kids and Young Adults; Optional Learning Mode; Patented Battery Protection
Designed with safety in mind, the Swagtron T5 Entry Level Hoverboard deploys a dramatic gyroscopic technology that revolutionizes the way you travel. It has the highest speed of 7mph. The Swagtron T5 features a learning mode for new riders, lower maximum speed for safety, redesigned footpads for smaller feet, easy to read battery and system indicators. Solidly constructed, the Swagtron T5 has industry-leading safety features like Gear stabilization, SENTRYSHIELD™ smart battery management, Learning mode etc. It is also UL certified which means that there is no danger of explosion.
- The box includes a user manual, a charger, and the main unit.
- The main unit weighs 18.9lbs.
- It has a motor power of 200W.
- The battery voltage is 25.9V.
- The maximum load on the scooter is 187.4lbs.
- Size of the tires is 6.5”
Swagtron T5 is definitely one of the best choices for an electric kid scooter and it is also great for adults. We regard it as a brilliant choice under 200$ budget. It is a great tool for running a domestic errand and even to go to school.
2. EPIKGO Self Balancing Scooter Hover Self-Balance Board – UL2272 Certified, All-Terrain 8.5” Alloy Wheel, 400W Dual-Motor, LG Smart Battery, Hover Through Tough Road Condition [Classic Series]
EPIKGO is the next level in the world of electrical self-balancing board technology. It can travel more than 10 miles on a single charge and has an 18-degree maximum climbing angle which makes it a great means of transport in daily life. Being UL2272 Certified, the EPIKGO is not only safe from fire and electrical hazards but also durable as it can easily travel through all kinds of terrain. Alloy wheels and tough body provides great protection to the vehicle. It has also a great accelerating power with the new technology from the company. Certainly, it is the board of choice for the adventure-hungry people who want to explore more on two wheels.
- The product comes with an LG 4300mAh smart battery.
- Weight of the unit is 26lbs.
- Maximum weight limit is 240lbs.
- Wheel size is 8.5”, made of alloy.
- Motor power is 400W(Dual Motor)
The EPIKGO is a safe and adventurous vehicle to travel with on two wheels. The tough and durable body and wheel s make it possible to easily travel through grass, pebbles, sand, mud etc. We consider it should be the first choice for people who want to do more with their electric scooter than just short distance domestic traveling.
Buy at: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IO9NBOK/ref=sxbs_sxwds-stvp_2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=3341940462&pd_rd_wg=EnqUN&pf_rd_r=RJG80BBKR50G32P9TD0S&pf_rd_s=desktop-sx-bottom-slot&pf_rd_t=301&pd_rd_i=B01IO9NBOK&pd_rd_w=SUTzS&pf_rd_i=hoverboard&pd_rd_r=31fe2060-ee94-4255-bae1-5a9614effa28&ie=UTF8&qid=1515249124&sr=2
1. Razor Hovertrax 2.0 Hoverboard Self-Balancing Smart Scooter
Beautifully designed, the Razor Hovertrax 2.0 has arguably the best self-balancing technology in the world of hoverboards. It provides a very silent and smooth riding experience with its latest technology. With a max speed of 8mph and run time of 60 minutes(if continuously used), the Razor Hovertrax 2.0 is a very powerful and safe electric scooter. It is UL certified and thus, there is no danger of fire or electrical hazards. The removable battery feature is quite an advantage in this board.
- The box comes with a battery charger and the main unit.
- The battery voltage is 36V.
- It has silent, dual 135 watt (cruising power), 350 watt (peak power) hub motors with gyro sensor technology.
- The weight of the product is 27lbs.
- The max. weight that the scooter can carry is 220lbs
The Rover Hovertrax 2.0 is an excellent hoverboard with one of the best gyroscopic technologies in the market. This fashionable board has been widely seen in many stage concerts and music videos. Very easy to use. Definitely, a must-have electric scooter if you want to try out all sorts of fun things.