There comes a time when you wearing your favorite jeans but there is a sudden realization that it just does not fits you anymore. With the sad face, you take a firm decision to follow a diet plan and commit yourself that you will be back into your jeans in no time. But now you are not sure about the diet. In this article, we are going to talk about what is intermittent fasting and about one of the diets plans that OMAD
Intermittent fasting is a type of fasting where the person eats at different intervals. The persons divide it’s time to eat and fast in a day. however, the time is very versatile and differ from regular eating patterns
OMAD is a diet plan which involves having one meal in a day. This a 23:1 diet plan in which you fast for 23 hours and for 1 hour you eat food. There is no restriction on what food you should eat. This is seen as the most effective way to decrease intake of calories and it assists you to lose weight in less time
What to Include Diet Plan?
If you could anything why there is a need for a diet plan? there is a need to understand that this is an extreme weight loss diet plan and if followed incorrectly there can be consequences which could enhance the risk of other health diseases. So, follow a diet. Here are some things that you should include in your diet plan
- Green Vegetables and fruits: one green vegetable and fruits in the one hour window in order replenish yourself physically and mentally. Green vegetables and fruits provide you with various nutrients which helps you in being active throughout the day and also does not add to your fat.
- Dairy products – your OMAD diet plan should include a dairy product to provide strength to your bones and teeth.
- Proteins- you need to have an intake of protiens in your diet. You can eat grams and pulses and also include lean meat as an option
- Junk food – yes you heard it right you can have junk food in your meal but there is a catch to it. one should be able to maintain a balance between junk food and healthy food to avoid health problems
What not to include in your diet plan
- Beverages– Packaged juice and alcohol should not be included in your diet as they tamper the diet plan
- Excessive proteins– although proteins are required excessive proteins should be avoided. This includes red meat like pork and processed food like salami and sausages
- Oily products– Although oil is an essential ingredient but products which have excessive oil in it should be minimized or should be excluded.
- Processed foods – One should avoid processed food as they contain a lot of sugar contents and even, they are cooked in High Trans Fats or Processed vegetable oil.
What are the benefits
There are various benefits of following OMAD diets
- Weight loss – The reason that you are following is the diet plan is to shred some fat from your body. Voila OMAD helps you too lose fat from your body and gives your body a unique shop.
- No increase in blood pressure – Following this diet plan allows you to decrease your blood pressure and avoid the spike.
- No increase in Sugar level- As there is very less consumption of sugar products so the diet plan prevents the rise in the sugar level and it may prevent in the sudden rise of sugar level
- Increased concentration – The greatest benefit of these meals is that it provides you with more concentration power and focus. Many reports have analyzed and show that OMAD makes the person more focused and concentrated upon the task he is performing. this diet plan provides clarity and also you forget less.
- Fatigue: There is a possible chance that the person might feel fatigued while following the plan as it is an extreme diet plan.
- Headache and dizziness – The person might have headaches and feel dizziness throughout the day due to diet plan
- Craving- You could eat more than you are prescribed when cravings hit you.
- Brain fog – You could experience brain fog as the individual shifts to a very strict regime of dieting
- Note – Women who are going to be pregnant or are pregnant should not follow the diet plan at all
OMAD is a strict regime diet plan which promises you to provide quick results but at a cost. The dieters should keep in mind that one should follow a diet plan which benefits them in a way that it does not hamper the mental and physical state of the body. there are other questions asked whether one should do exercise while dieting. I would like to say yes because it is advisable to have a light exercise to keep yourself healthy but not engage in heavy exercises. At last, I would like to stay drink plenty of water, eat a balanced diet and exercise so you never need to diet again.