94% of the Engineering Graduates are Not Fit for Hiring

94% of the Engineering Graduates are Not Fit for Hiring
Spread the love
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Such questions are already answered by observing the statistics of demands of engineering graduates. 94% of the graduates are found not fit for hiring. Even after completing the whole 4 years or more, they lack skills to serve the hiring companies’ policies and demands. What could be the reason for them lacking? Or what made these 6% deserving? The problem has to be solved to ensure proper channelizing of engineering employment in India.

India produces 1.5 Million Engineers every year with the question of employment soon after they graduate. Engineers start with elimination process as soon as they decide to opt for this field, from the admission in their desired colleges then graduating and finally to finding jobs. This must be the reason why only 1.5 Million engineers are released into the job market out of 29 Million students who enrolled into 6,214 engineering and technology colleges of India. Out of these graduates, 97 % wants to be hired for jobs in software and related engineering jobs. Now, the questions like such pop up “How to avail jobs for all these 97% in the field”? Or “Are all of them really worth it?”.

Key problems while educating Engineers Practically of the subjects:

Practically of the subjects

In many colleges, the students learn the subjects’ theory just for the sake of their scoreboard. The application and the practical use of the subjects are still found to be unknown to them. Even if they are being introduced to such concepts, they lack skills to apply them in the real field. It is advised to have a thorough knowledge of at least 20 subjects out of all the subjects (nearly 50) they learn during graduation in order to sustain in the competition.

Language barrier

As students from all over the nation gather in the engineering colleges, some of them (73.63%) couldn’t meet company’s strict policy of using English Language as circumstances of handling international affairs may arise for the companies. Such companies require fluency and analytical abilities of an intern.

Intellectual skills

The intelligent quotient is an obvious factor expected in the job market but recently lack of ability to express an idea or opinion in the interest of the company is also contributing to the elimination of the graduates. Asking for “X-factor” is a trendy concept for companies nowadays.

Reputation of college

More than 33,023 colleges are providing with engineering degrees but not all of them are equipped with good campus interviewing. Companies are selective when it comes to hiring interns, thus they tend to eliminate least competent colleges. This creates a lack of opportunities for the deserving ones from not desired colleges.

Only 6% is able to overcome such problems and develop skills to get into good companies. Issues like such are needed to be taken into consideration in order to make the other 94% capable, ensuring brighter and stable future not just for their sake but also contributing to the nation’s economy.

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Share on facebook
Share on google
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on pinterest
Share on whatsapp

One Response

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Search:

Social Media Links

Recent Posts

Like us on Facebook

ARE YOU IN?

40,000 subscribers already enjoy our premium stuff

Subscribe now